Friday, November 11, 2011

Attack of the Nibbly Pig!

Have you ever wondered how to get your kids excited about doing their chores?  Wait.  Let me rephrase the question:  HOW OFTEN do you find yourself wondering how to get you kids excited, etc.?  If, like me, you answered, "Every few minutes!", have I got a website for you!

A Facebook friend posted this site on her wall, and I looked just to see what it was.  It's http://www.chorewars.com/.  It's like an online version of Dungeons and Dragons, but the adventures are chores!  How great is that?

So we started last night, with Chloe claiming the adventure "Feeding the Pig".  This would, technically, be her guinea pig, Piglet.  The site allows the "Dungeon Master" (me, in this case), to create their own adventures, to use the pre-loaded ones, or both.  So when I created the adventure for Feeding the Pig, I included a 100% chance of running into "wandering monsters" -- a Nibbly Pig, to be more specific.

Naturally, since the chance was 100%, Chloe did, in fact, run into a Nibbly Pig on her adventure.  FYI, if the percent is anything other than 100, your adventure could be uneventful.  Chloe, however, did run into the Nibbly Pig.  Now this is where it gets absolutely hilarious.  You have the option to "View Battle".  If you click on that option, you're informed that you've run into a Nibbly Pig with X amount of Hit Points vs. your own Hit Points.  Then, each time you click, you're told something like, "You slash at the Nibbly Pig, for damage of 3" and "The Nibbly Pig casts a spell, but you resist".  This goes on until one of you loses all your HPs.

Harley claimed "Feeding the Dog", in which he met up with a Psychotic Doggeh.  He bravely battled the beast, until suddenly, "The Psychotic Doggeh flees, leaving behind 11 gold pieces!"  I just have to figure out a price to put on gold pieces so each child can earn some money for claiming their adventures.

I'm telling you, my kids have never been so excited about chores.  And I have to admit...I'm looking forward to defeating an evil dust bunny when I tackle vacuuming in a few minutes.  I'll let you know who wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment