Monday, July 18, 2011

Pigeonholes and Predictions

I have always hated questions like, "What is the word that best describes you?"  What is that?  One word?  Seriously?  Okay, how about stumped?  That's one word.  Because yes, if you try to make me describe myself with one word, that's what I'll be!  Who can describe themselves in one word?  Generally, it's only people we dislike whom we can describe with one word:  mean, selfish, dishonest, lazy, stupid.  But the people we like?  Including ourselves?  Oh, we could go on for a while, couldn't we?  Kind, loving, smart, funny, generous, helpful, compassionate...see?

I just don't think I'm all that easy to pigeonhole into one word.  I'm pretty unpredictable.  As a result, I find it interesting to look at my own blog occasionally and see what ads have popped up for the day.  On my other blog, The Happy Heart, it's fairly simple to figure out; my Happy Heart blog is about...well, having a happy heart because of my faith in God.  So most of the ads on there are about some type of "ministry" or other.  I get it.

You see, the ads are generated by the content of the blog.  Keywords, such as scripture, worship, God and the like, will cause certain ads to appear on my blog page.  If people click on those ads, I get money.  (Then I can honestly say I'm a paid writer, woo hoo!  So feel free to click on any of them!)

But this blog?  The Weenie Wife?  I don't think the ad generator has quite figured me out.  When I wrote about bathing babies, there was an ad for bathtub refinishing.  But I have this image of a little computer somewhere saying, "Weenies?  Bathtubs?  Pigeons?" until it finally just implodes on itself.  So I intend to continue writing about the weirdness that is my train of thought, just to see if the little computer can keep up and figure me out.  Maybe after a year or so, I'll email the little computer and ask, "What one word would you use to describe me?"  I can't wait to see what it says.  I'm betting on random.

No comments:

Post a Comment